CSSS Scholarship, Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship helps the meritorious students financially. Students who have performed really well in their schools and colleges are eligible for the CSSS Scholarship. This Scholarship helps the students to carry out their preliminary expenses while pursuing their higher studies.
This scholarship was executed by the Indian Government to help the students to meet their daily expenses. It is a merit-cum-means scholarship sponsored by the central government authorities.
Requirements of CSSS Scholarship
If students are going to apply for the CSSS Scholarship, they need to fulfill the basic requirements to get the scholarship. Below are the eligibility standards for the same:
- Student must have completed their 12th standard from any particular board.
- Minimum 80 percentile is required in 12th standard.
- Students should be having their courses regularly. No correspondence or distance learning is allowed.
- Students must not have taken any scholarships while applying for the Scholarship. For instance, the fees waiver or any state scholarships, etc.
- Families’ income must not be exceeding Rs. 8 lakh per annum.
Allotment Rates of CSSS Scholarship
There is a categorized allotment in the rates of CSSS Scholarship for the students of schools and colleges. we have listed the different rates of allotment for the students below:
- Students who are pursuing their Bachelor’s degree and eligible to get the scholarship will be liable to receive Rs. 10 thousand per annum for their 3 years graduation courses.
- Students pursuing their Post-Graduation, will be liable to get Rs. 20 thousand per annum.
- Students who have taken some professional courses will also receive Rs. 20 thousand per annum for the last two years, that is, 4rth year and 5th year.
Procedure for Applying
This Scholarship needs a complete procedure to be completed for applying for the CSSS Scholarship. The students who want to get this scholarship need to fill the application form for the same. An online application is to be filled on the National Scholarship Portal.
There is no option for offline applications. Students need to visit the official website of scholarships.gov.in. After that, they have to register themselves on the portal with the necessary documents. We have listed the documents required for the registration of scholarship.
- Bank Passbook of students for complete bank details of the student.
- Aadhar card details.
- Income certificate of the family.
- Verified mobile number linked with the bank account.
- Email ID of the student.
- Disability certificate, if any.
- Caste Certificate, if asked.
The students must provide their own bank details linked with their mobile number, as the government will directly send the scholarship amount into their account.
Criteria for selecting the students for CSSS Scholarship
We have already mentioned the procedures above for applying for the scholarship. So, similarly, the students will apply to the portal. After the complete submission of the application the same will be verified by the government on two different stages:
- Institute from where the student is pursuing their studies.
- From the Education board of the state.
For this verification, the above-required documents such as the family income certificate, student’s board mark sheet, etc, need to be submitted by the students on the portal. In case, any of the above-mentioned levels fails to verify the application form and is termed as invalid. The student gets rejected for the scholarship and did not be able to receive it.
Students will be selected based on a merit list also. As per the merit list, the students will get the scholarship based on gender (Female: Male= 1:1) and stream (science: commerce: arts= 3:2:1). Students with the required marks in their senior secondary schools will receive the CSSS Scholarship according to the merit list.
Time-span and Renewable of the Scholarship
The maximum duration of this scholarship extends up to 5 years. Once you have crossed the time limit, your scholarship will be expired.
However, the scholarship can be renewed till the student are pursuing their post-graduation. The students must know that they can apply for the renewable when:
- Their previous year’s result is above 50 percent.
- They have an attendance of more than 75 percent and they are not included in any kind of ragging.
We have discussed all the CSSS Scholarships in this article. To get more similar articles, do visit the official website of Foreignadmits.com.
An author of DigitalGpoint, We have published more articles focused on blogging, business, lifestyle, digital marketing, social media, web design & development, e-commerce, finance, health, SEO, travel.
For any types of queries, contact us on email@example.com.