If your HP Printer says offline, follow the below steps
Using the App HP print and scan doctor
Install the HP print and scan doctor app on your system to help identify Concerns related to repair printing and scanning.
- The first step is that there’s enough a full sheet placed in the Main tray and the printer is filled with enough A4 blank sheet.
- After installing the print and scan doctor app follow the instructions to install and open the Application.
- Click start and select your respective printer and run the application.
- If your respective printer is not listed or not found click on my product is not listed and then follow the instruction given and troubleshoot the network connection
How do I Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor app?
Download the HP Smart app on your system or smartphone device HP Printer from Offline to Online in Windows 10.
Follow the below steps to connect the printer to a wifi network.
- Ensure that the printer and the system or your smartphone device is close to the Wi-Fi router or connection
- Turn on the WiFi and connect your WiFi to your system or smartphone device. If your PC is connected to an ethernet cable disconnect its temporality and use the wireless WiFi connection during the printer setup.
- Turn on the Bluetooth on your system or smartphone device So that the app can deduct the printer while setting up.
- After downloading HP smart for both iOS and android turn on the systems or smartphones device location so that the printer is detected and it can provide you with a solution during the setup.
You can install the Smart app from here for Android, Apple iOS, iPadOS.
For Windows 10 from here.
For macOS from here.
In your printer settings select your printer as the default printer
You must select your printer as the default printer on your system to ensure that print and scan tasks are done using the appropriate printer.
- In Windows> Printers & scanners.
- ensure the option Windows manage my default printer is unchecked.
- From the given printers, click your respective printer name> Manage. If there are similar printer names click the one which is active/online.
- Go to Manage your device> Set as default.
Look for windows function discovery services
If the printer is using a WSD port ensure that function discovery services begin automatically and are running.
- In Windows> open Control Panel > View devices and printers.
- Right-click your printer>Printer Properties> Ports tab.
- Look for a WSD port in the menu list.
If there’s a WSD port make sure that the check box is chosen , then continue with these steps.
- In Windows>open Services.
- In Windows>open Services.
- Find Function Discovery Provider Host and Function Discovery Resource Publication in the menu list.
- Ensure both the Status is Running and the Startup Type is Automatic.
- If any of those items are not running right-click the item> Properties>set the Startup Type to Automatic> Apply> Start, > OK.
- Shut the Services window.
If your HP Printer Saying offline and there is no sign of a WSD port, don’t continue with the above-mentioned steps. Instead, Print a Network Configuration page, establish a manual IP connection in the printer and attach a Standard TCP/IP printer port in your system.
Establishing a manual IP connection for wireless connections
Follow the information on your Network Configuration or Wireless Network Test Results page to wirelessly connect your printer.
- Printers that have a control panel menu user can print a page from the wireless settings, or the network settings, or the setup menu.
- Printers that do not have a control panel menu user can print the page using button combinations on the control panel of the printer.
- Usually, for most HP printers users can download the page by pressing the wireless and information buttons at the same time or the wireless and start copy the black button at the same time.
- For HP DeskJet 6000 and 6400, ENVY 6000 and 6400, and Tango printers users can Press and hold the information button continuously till the control panel button lights up and then press the information and the resume button at the same time.
By following the above steps there is a high chance you will be able to connect your printer to the wifi.
An author of DigitalGpoint, We have published more articles focused on blogging, business, lifestyle, digital marketing, social media, web design & development, e-commerce, finance, health, SEO, travel.