One of the main activities in the Diablo 2 remaster is to find the best possible D2R items for your character to increase their power and complete the next challenges. Here’s a guide that lists the best locations and bosses to loop through to get valuable items.
Like its ancestor, Diablo 2 Resurrected will ask you to farm sooner or later to keep progressing, or to optimize your high-level character to take on the toughest challenges, like Uber bosses, or just for fun. But not all monsters are equal, and over the past two decades, places have clearly stood out when it comes to farming profitability.
Preparations and useful information
You should take a look at our Diablo 2 Resurrected guide to Magic Find, aka Finding Magic Items, to get started. Try to get as many as possible, especially during your farming sessions. If you have enough, the difference will be like night and day in terms of profitability. The easiest way to do this is to crimp topaz into your armor pieces.
Be aware that bosses give significantly more loot the first time you kill them, as part of completing their quest. They will be much less profitable the following times, but some are still very interesting to do on a loop, as we will see.
Creating equipment via the Horadric Cube is a fantastic way to equip yourself, we advise you to wait for Hell mode to use it, however.
- During your first campaign, the difficulty should not prove insurmountable, even if you will eventually encounter some obstacles like Duriel and Diablo. Since it’s not too difficult, favor Magic Find above all equipment and don’t waste too much time farming bosses. If you still get stuck, take a look at the locations listed for Nightmare mode, they also give you good gear on Normal.
- The only really popular farming point in this difficulty is The Countess of Act 1, she gives 3 runes the first time, and 1 to 3 runes the following times. This potentially allows you to build your first Runic Words whose power easily competes with the best items available at this level.
- Baal at the end of the game can be a good choice to reach the 35-40 level bracket and some extra gear for Nightmare Mode, but that’s optional.
- Once again, The Countess from Act 1 is the popular first date, as she still drops Diablo 2 Ladder runes, but at a higher level this time. This, therefore, makes it possible to create new, much more powerful Runic Words.
- If you have some difficulty, you can farm the various tombs from the end of Act 2, as well as the Lower Town of Kurast from Act 3. It is profitable in terms of items and equipment.
- The heart of farming in this difficulty mode is Mephisto in Act 3, it’s a relatively easy boss when you have resistance and it has an excellent loot table. The Council that precedes it is also a good choice.
- Chaos Shrine and Diablo are popular farming locations that offer good viable items for Hell Mode.
- Act 5 is also a great location, with the act’s first boss, Shenk, as well as Eldritch just above the first teleport point. As it is very easily accessible, the loop farmer is fast. Pindleskin, the first boss encountered in the special area of Nihlatak’s Lair, as part of the Betrayal in Harrogath quest after freeing Anya from the ice, is a great choice, but you don’t need to have completed the quest.
- Finally, Baal’s loop farming is strongly recommended this time up to around level 70 in order to obtain very good pieces of equipment and high-level runes usually found in Hell mode.
- You can also take your mind off things by farming the Secret Cow Level, which has a good variety of quality items, sockets and such, not to mention experience. Just avoid killing the Bull King before you’re done.
- The serious things begin, you can take a look at our Hell mode guide if you are having difficulty. We are going to detail the farming points in more detail since it is possible that you will be blocked in your progress.
- The Countess of Act 1 is still and always an attractive date for her high level runes, not to mention the keys for future Uber bosses.
- There are two level 85 areas in Act 1, the Mausoleum and the Pit, these are perfect farming points to obtain very high level pieces of equipment.
- Andariel also becomes a popular destination before embarking on Act 2 which is much more formidable.
- In Act 2, you can farm the three levels of the Sewers (level 74) and then the Ancient Tunnels (level 85).
- In Act 3, the Lower Town of Kurast and its many chests are very profitable (level 80). Forget The Council though, and focus on Mephisto which is more profitable and important than ever.
- Chaos Shrine and Diablo in Act 4 are level 85 and perfect in terms of gear farming before starting the final stretch of the game.
- Once again, the boss/elite trio Shenk, Eldritch via the High Ice teleport point and then Pindleskin in Nihlatak’s lair are all very profitable.
- When you have defeated him, Baal can become your farming point if you want to attack Uber Bosses and others.
An author of DigitalGpoint, We have published more articles focused on blogging, business, lifestyle, digital marketing, social media, web design & development, e-commerce, finance, health, SEO, travel.
For any types of queries, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.