Such a question is periodically asked by owners of laptops of any brand: the matrix breaks after any damage or impact, sometimes problems with the screen arise from natural wear of components or factory defect. The design of the screens of modern devices is very similar, so the answer to the question of how to replace the matrix on a laptop Acer, HP, Lenovo or Asus is practically the same. But first it is worth checking if you have the right screen for your laptop, you can check on Zeto.ua, eBay.com, or on the official sites of your brand, such as Apple.com, Samsung.com, MSI.com, Compaq.com, Sony.com.
How do I properly disassemble my laptop’s display?
The independent disassembly of the monitor with the disconnection of the matrix requires great caution: it is a delicate work that requires precision and professionalism. Therefore, it is strongly recommended not to do it without experience: it is easy to damage the latches, feathers or break the very new matrix, which will make the repair much more expensive.
How to change the matrix on a laptop?
The sequence of basic steps for any model of modern brands:
- Preparation of the desktop. It is necessary to remove all unnecessary things from it, it is recommended to cover the surface of the table with a clean cloth. It is also worth preparing a box for screws in advance, so that none of them gets lost during the work.
- All the screws on the front panel of the monitor are hidden under the rubber plugs, you need to separate them carefully with a sharp tool. Then use a thin screwdriver with a magnetic tip to unscrew all the screws that attach the laptop frame to the matrix.
- In addition to the screws, the cover is attached with latches, so these must be removed carefully. To change the matrix on an Acer, HP, Lenovo, Asus or Samsung laptop, you can use special dismantling spatulas or any sharp tool. In any case, be very careful not to break the latches.
- The front cover is removed, and then you need to unscrew all the screws on the sides. After that, the matrix should separate easily from the body and be placed with its front side on the keyboard.
- The next important step is to disconnect the cables. If it is a lamp matrix, first remove the tape holding the matrix and the loop connector, and then the power cable. If the matrix has LED backlighting, simply disconnect the loop.
- Then you can completely remove the defective matrix and replace it with a new one. It is not necessary to buy the original components, in many cases you can find cheaper compatible analogues.
Installing a new sensor in the monitor
A new matrix is selected according to its size and technical characteristics, information about which you can find on the manufacturer’s sticker. Before you change the matrix on a laptop, you need to determine its type and select the appropriate components, this will help you to catalog our online store.
Mounting the monitor is done in reverse order and does not take much time. The matrix is connected to the tubes, then it is screwed to the case. The frame is fixed to the latches and screws and the screw heads are covered with rubber plugs. If it is assembled correctly, there will be no problems with switching on, the screen will show a clear image without stripes and other defects.
Knowing how to change the matrix on a Samsung laptop, or on the device of any other brand, can save you a lot of money on repairs, but only if you have perfected professional skills. Do-it-yourself repairs do not guarantee reliability and durability, so sometimes it is better to turn to the professionals.
An author of DigitalGpoint, We have published more articles focused on blogging, business, lifestyle, digital marketing, social media, web design & development, e-commerce, finance, health, SEO, travel.
For any types of queries, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.