Melbourne is probably one of the top spots for the most humid city in the world. The summers here can be very hot, but the problem gets worse when it’s equally humid. Surviving this combination of scorching heat and high humidity levels is almost impossible without an air conditioner. However, you have your AC to save you from this humidity, but who’s gonna save your Air Conditioner from it?
If you’re wondering why your AC unit needs protection from humidity, it’s because high humidity levels make your AC system work harder to maintain the desired comfort and this leads to faster wear and tear. In this post, you’ll learn why you need to provide some extra care to your AC in order to keep it healthy while fighting all this humidity. We’ll explore some maintenance tips as well as some control tips that will help your AC live longer and healthier.
Understanding the Impact of Humidity
Living in Melbourne, it is important to understand how humidity levels change and affect your daily life. They usually vary mainly depending on the climate, weather conditions, and the season. If the humidity levels are high, it not only causes irritation on a personal level but also affects the performance of the AC unit. To understand how go through the pointers below.
- Reduced Cooling Efficiency: When the level of humidity is high, your indoor spaces feel more hotter than the actual temperature. Because of this, the Air Conditioner needs to work much harder than usual to maintain the desired temperature and comfort level, leading to increased energy bills and faster wear and tear on the system.
- Mould and Mildew: When there is excess humidity in your house, it becomes an ideal environment for mould and mildew to grow, which are a type of microorganisms that if left untouched, can not only affect the air quality within your home but can also cause damage to the components of your Air Conditioner and even to your furniture and property.
- Building up of Moisture: In humid conditions, there is a good possibility that condensation can form on your Air Conditioner’s evaporator coils. If left unnoticed, this can reduce the system’s cooling efficiency and can even result in water damage. In some cases, the situation can be much more serious as it can even cause refrigerant leaks if left without any treatment.
Tips to Maintain Your Air Conditioner in High Humidity
the tips below to maintain your AC during high humid conditions Even in high humidity levels, there are certain things that you can do to maintain your AC unit’s health and help it manage humidity levels while operating efficiently. Consider following.
- Regular air conditioning service Melbourne is the most effective thing you can do to keep your AC in good health. Make sure to clean or replace air filters in regular intervals to allow proper airflow. Not cleaning regularly can lead to clogged filters which can reduce the efficiency of your AC and help in moisture buildup.
- Make sure to check drainage by inspecting the condensate drain line. Look for any clogs in the line and make sure that there is no debris in the way. A blocked drain is a serious problem as it can cause water to go back into your AC system.
- Use a dehumidifier if necessary. If your house is located in a place where it consistently experiences high humidity levels, then consider using a dehumidifier along with your Air Conditioner unit. This can help in reducing the load on your AC unit and can help maintain a more comfortable environment within your house.
Tips to Control Humidity Levels in Your Home
It’s not fair to put all the load on your Air Conditioner at all times. Therefore, there are some simple things that you can do to control the humidity levels in your home. These are simple things that can work a long way and help your air conditioner maintenance the right comfort in your house.
- In order to fight humidity, it is recommended that you set the temperature slightly lower than what you usually prefer. Setting the temperature lower can help your Air Conditioner remove moisture from the air, in turn reducing the humidity.
- Ceiling fans are a perfect support for your Air Conditioner. Many people do not prefer using a ceiling fan while running the AC, but in fact, the ceiling fans help distribute the cool air from the AC around the corners of your house, helping in achieving the desired temperature faster.
- In rooms where the probability of moisture is higher, such as kitchens and bathrooms, use exhaust fans to take out the humid air. This is an excellent way to prevent moisture from building up and greatly helps in reducing humidity.
- Whenever you get an AC installed in your home, make sure that your home is well-sealed. A properly sealed house can repel outdoor humidity from entering and keep the insides cool and comfortable. If possible, insulate all your doors and windows, and fix any leaks and gaps that you may have.
Melbourne has one of the highest humidity levels and the problem is that it varies greatly too. Fighting such weather conditions, your Air Conditioner is prone to take damage. Therefore, consider employing the tips and tricks mentioned in this post to give your air conditioner the support it requires. In addition to these, do not forget to schedule professional annual maintenance checks. The professionals who come to check your Air Conditioner, know exactly what to look for and have the right tools to do so. In any case, make sure to keep your Air Conditioner in good health, especially if you are living in a city like Melbourne.
An author of DigitalGpoint, We have published more articles focused on blogging, business, lifestyle, digital marketing, social media, web design & development, e-commerce, finance, health, SEO, travel.
For any types of queries, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.