With emails taking up a lot of space in our inbox and Outlook folders, it’s important to delete duplicate emails when we find them. But what if there are several emails with the same subject line? In this article, you’ll learn how to delete duplicate messages from your Outlook account once and for all!
If you’re like most people, you probably have way too many emails in your inbox. And chances are, a lot of those emails are duplicates. Duplicate emails can clutter up your inbox and make it difficult to find the important messages.
Fortunately, there’s a way to get rid of those duplicates. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to remove duplicate emails from Outlook. We’ll also provide some tips on how to prevent duplicates from appearing in the first place.
So if you’re ready to declutter your inbox, read on!
Common Reasons to Delete Duplicate Emails In Outlook
One common reason people delete duplicate emails in Outlook is to declutter their inbox. This can be helpful if you’re trying to focus on new email messages and don’t want to be distracted by old ones.
Another reason to delete duplicates is to free up storage space on your computer or email server. If you have a lot of duplicate emails, they can take up a significant amount of space. Deleting them can help you keep your inbox more organized and reduce the amount of storage space you’re using.
Finally, some people delete duplicate emails to improve performance. If you have a lot of duplicates, it can take longer for Outlook to load your inbox and display new messages. Deleting the duplicates can help improve the speed and performance of Outlook.
Method 1 Incorrectly Configured Rules
If your Outlook rules are incorrectly configured, they can cause duplicate emails to be delivered to your inbox. To check your Outlook rules, go to the “File” menu and select “Manage Rules & Alerts”. Review each rule and make sure that it is configured correctly. If you find a rule that is causing duplicates, delete it or disable it.
Method 2 Delete Duplicate Email Messages in Outlook
If you’re like most people, you probably have a lot of duplicate email messages in your Outlook inbox. Not only are they taking up space, but they can also be really annoying. If you want to get rid of them once and for all, here’s what you need to do:
1. Go to your Outlook inbox and select the View tab.
2. Under the View tab, click on the Arrange By drop-down menu and select Conversation.
3. This will group all of your email messages by conversation. So if you have any duplicate messages, they’ll be grouped together.
4. To delete a duplicate message, simply right-click on it and select Delete.
5. Repeat this process for each duplicate message until your inbox is clean!
Method 3 Send/Receive intervals
One of the most effective ways to reduce the number of duplicate emails in your Outlook inbox is to set your Send/Receive intervals to a shorter time frame. This will help to ensure that any new emails are downloaded as soon as they arrive, instead of waiting for the next scheduled Send/Receive cycle.
To change your Send/Receive intervals:
1. Select the File tab in Outlook.
2. Click on Options and then select the Mail tab.
3. Under the Send/Receive heading, click on the Send/Receive Groups button.
4. In the Send/Receive Groups window, make sure that All Accounts is selected in the drop-down menu at the top.
5. Under Selected Accounts, click on the account that you want to change the interval for and then click on Edit.
6. In the Account Settings window, go to the Frequency tab.
7. In the box next to Schedule an automatic send/receive every x minutes, enter a value that is less than what is currently entered (the default value is 30 minutes).
8. Click on OK to save your changes and then close all open windows.
Method 4 Improper Mailbox Setting
There are a few simple steps that you can take to delete duplicate emails in Outlook. First, it is essential to check your mail settings. If your mail settings are incorrect, it can cause duplicates to appear in your mailbox.
- Open the “Tools” menu and select “Options ” to check your mail settings.”
- After that, select the “Mail Setup” tab and then the “Send/Receive Groups” option.
- Make sure “Download Shared Folders” is selected. If it is not selected, select it and then click on the “OK” button.
Another reason why duplicates may appear in your mailbox is because of corrupted files. If you have any corrupted files in your Outlook profile, it can cause duplicates to appear.
Problems that You May Face due to Duplicate Emails
If you’re like most people, you probably have duplicates of some of your emails in Outlook. Maybe you’ve accidentally created two copies of the same email, or maybe you have multiple accounts and have downloaded the same email multiple times.
Whatever the reason, duplicate emails can be a pain to deal with. Not only do they take up space in your inbox, but they can also make it difficult to find the email you’re looking for.
In this blog post, we’ll show you how to delete duplicate emails in Outlook so that you can get your inbox back in order. We’ll also provide some tips on avoiding duplicate emails in the future.
Delete Duplicate Emails In Outlook can be a time-consuming process, but it doesn’t have to be. By following the steps in this guide, you can quickly and easily remove any duplicates from your inbox. And if you ever find yourself with too many emails again, simply follow these steps and you’ll be back on track in no time.
Q1. How do I get rid of duplicate emails in Outlook for free?
If you’re like most people, you probably have a lot of duplicate emails in your Outlook inbox. But don’t worry, there’s an easy way to get rid of them for free! Just follow these simple steps:
1. First, open up Outlook and go to your inbox.
2. At the top of the screen, select the “View” tab.
3. Next, click on “Change View” and then select “Condensed List.” This will show all of your emails in a single list, which will make it easier to find duplicates.
4. Now, scroll through your list of emails and look for any that have the same subject line or are from the same sender. When you find a duplicate email, simply delete it by clicking on the trash can icon next to it.
5. Repeat this process until you’ve deleted all of the duplicate emails in your inbox. And that’s it! Now you have a clean inbox without any duplicates.
Q2. How do I delete duplicates in Outlook PST?
If you’re like most people, you probably have a lot of duplicates in your Outlook PST file. Here’s a quick and easy guide on how to delete them.
1. Open Outlook and go to the Folder List.
2. Select the folder that contains the duplicates you want to delete.
3. Click on the View tab at the top of the window.
4. In the Current View group, click on Change View.
5. Select List from the drop-down menu.
6. Click OK.
7. Now, all of your emails will be displayed in a list view. This will make it easier to identify and delete the duplicates.
8. To delete a duplicate, simply select it and press the Delete key on your keyboard. Repeat this process until all of the duplicates are gone.
An author of DigitalGpoint, We have published more articles focused on blogging, business, lifestyle, digital marketing, social media, web design & development, e-commerce, finance, health, SEO, travel.